Well - what a time we are having. We hope that you are all keeping safe out there and at least managing to put your feet up and get some rest.
There are enough things that can play on your mind in pregnancy - let alone having the Corona Virus to think about and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists recently published a report stating
'Generally, pregnant women do not appear to be more likely to be severely unwell than other healthy adults if they develop the new coronavirus. It is expected the large majority of pregnant women will experience only mild or moderate cold/flu like symptoms.'
Here are our top tips for keeping sane in this crazy, crazy time:
Get some exercise every day:
We love Joe Wicks and The Body Coach TV, which has some 15 minute pregnancy workouts that you can do from the comfort of your own home.
Go for a walk in the local park and take in the fresh air (fresher than ever right now as there are fewer cars on the road, so pollution is going down - hooray)
Cook up a storm:
Jamie Oliver is doing a programme every weekday on channel 4 at 5:30 called Keep Calm and Carry On which shows you how to cook with the ingredients you have in your store cupboard.
Calm your mind:
Yoga Nidra is a great way to calm the mind and we particularly love this 22 minute guided sleep meditation (I actually listen to it most nights!)
There are loads of products in the Baboo Box that will help with rest, relaxation and pregnancy symptoms more than ever - here are a few of our favourites:
- If sleep is elusive then use our lavender room and pillow spray by SBC. Spray directly onto the pillow to help aid a peaceful nights sleep.
- Have a relaxing cup of Hot Tea Mama - Night Owl Tea. This contains Valerian and Chamomile to help calm the mind and aid a good nights sleep.
- If your hands are getting dry after all that washing and sanitising then our rich and creamy Anatomicals Bergamot and Green Ginger body butter can offer some relief.
- Enjoy a relaxing massage with our specially developed massage oil by Motherly Love. This beautifully scented oil has been developed by a midwife and comes with a handy massage instruction leaflet. (So he has no excuse).
- If all this sitting around is causing stiffness and swelling use our hand crafted wheat pillows. Made especially for the Baboo Box by The Little Herb Hut, these can be placed in the microwave to relieve aching muscles and joints or put in the freezer to reduce swelling.
We hope these tips are useful and if you have any questions around the products we have mentioned, feel free to pop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe out there
Ruth and Jess x